Kindly be advised the 81st Annual Wage Conference with the Tennessee Valley Authority is scheduled to begin 10:00 AM (EST) on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at the TVA West Tower Plaza Room 402 in Knoxville Tn. The negotiations are scheduled to conclude on Friday, December 16, 2016.
Notice! 2016 Dues Increase
To all members of IBEW Local # 365:
The following increase in dues will be in effect as of January 1, 2016:
Local 365’s portion of dues is increasing by 50 cents per month for all members and International’s portion of dues is increasing by $1.00 per month for all members.
‘A’ member’s dues will increase from $49.90 per month to $51.40 per month.
‘BA’ member’s dues will increase from $33.90 per month to $35.40 per month
J. R. Cox, Financial Secretary
Letter From John K. Craig on 2016 Wage Rates
We have our Final Wage Offer offer today and it has been accepted !
Looks like we have our final offer on the table and the Trades & Labor Council Unions have accepted the offer! Congratulations you have a raise !!!!!! Thanks to Keith & Jim and all the wage teams from all the locals for all the hard work. A big thanks to Heather and the TVA Team also !!!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!!!!
Schedule B —
- Instrument Mechanic $76,490
- Lineman $76,490
- Electrician $76,490
- Maintenance Mechanic $76,490
- Heavy Equipment Operator $75,990
- Laborer $46,680
Schedule D —
- Fossil Unit Operator Based on % above AUO
- Fossil Assistant Unit Operator $76,490
- Nuclear Operator $105,750
- Nuclear Assistant Unit Operator $84,360
Council Request Responses
- No Change on adding holiday
- No Change Shift Differential
- Wages Offers Above
- Power Ops/TPS Committee to meet in January on 5% Re-certification. $200.00 for Boots referred over to Standing FR committee. Hazardous Duty Pay tabled for later discussion.
- Still in Committee
- Composing Draft and surveying outside classification work. Will be based on % VS fix $ Amount.
- Carry over MOU.
Wage Negotiations for 2016 Wages and Request
TVA and the Annual Trades & Labor Council Wage Negotiations are currently under way. December 9th, 10th, & 11th.
Today they will be comparing and matching data, appointing committee members for break-out meetings on the request listed below.
Annual T&L Council Request
- B-V B. Holidays Add one (1) additional Holiday—Good Friday or Employees Birthday.
- Shift Differential 3-11 shift $.90 per hour 11-7 shift $1.13 per hour
- Request Rate of Pay for the Following Classification :
Schedule B —
- Instrument Mechanic $81,845
- Lineman $81,845
- Electrician $81,845
- Maintenance Mechanic $81,845
- Heavy Equipment Operator $81,845
- Laborer $50,028
Schedule D —
- Fossil Unit Operator $90,030
- Fossil Assistant Unit Operator $81,845
- Nuclear Operator $113,025
- Nuclear Assistant Unit Operator $90,2054
- Training Bonus for Power Systems Operations (TPS)
- MOU Regarding 5% Re-certification Bonus for Annual Clearance Refresher Training.
- MOU Requesting an additional $200.00 for TPS Line and Sub-Station Maintenance to purchase boots.
- MOU Hazardous Duty Premium of $1,500 per year folded into hourly rate for those trained for deployment job site towers and/or lines via helicopter, ropes or parachute.
- Retention Bonus for Licensed Nuclear Unit Operators in the form of $60,000 lump-sum in three installments. In order to receive Bonus employee must meet eligibility criteria(not listed here).
- Bonus for Assignment Outside Job Description Employee will receive a bonus of $1000 per month for performing duties as described (not listed here).
- Custodian Rates of Pay the current MOU’s dated September 23, 2011 and September 10, 2012 concerning the Custodian Classification rates of pay be continued for calendar year 2016.