Notice! 2016 Dues Increase
To all members of IBEW Local # 365:
The following increase in dues will be in effect as of January 1, 2016:
Local 365’s portion of dues is increasing by 50 cents per month for all members and International’s portion of dues is increasing by $1.00 per month for all members.
‘A’ member’s dues will increase from $49.90 per month to $51.40 per month.
‘BA’ member’s dues will increase from $33.90 per month to $35.40 per month
J. R. Cox, Financial Secretary
Letter From John K. Craig on 2016 Wage Rates
We have our Final Wage Offer offer today and it has been accepted !
Looks like we have our final offer on the table and the Trades & Labor Council Unions have accepted the offer! Congratulations you have a raise !!!!!! Thanks to Keith & Jim and all the wage teams from all the locals for all the hard work. A big thanks to Heather and the TVA Team also !!!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!!!!
Schedule B —
- Instrument Mechanic $76,490
- Lineman $76,490
- Electrician $76,490
- Maintenance Mechanic $76,490
- Heavy Equipment Operator $75,990
- Laborer $46,680
Schedule D —
- Fossil Unit Operator Based on % above AUO
- Fossil Assistant Unit Operator $76,490
- Nuclear Operator $105,750
- Nuclear Assistant Unit Operator $84,360
Council Request Responses
- No Change on adding holiday
- No Change Shift Differential
- Wages Offers Above
- Power Ops/TPS Committee to meet in January on 5% Re-certification. $200.00 for Boots referred over to Standing FR committee. Hazardous Duty Pay tabled for later discussion.
- Still in Committee
- Composing Draft and surveying outside classification work. Will be based on % VS fix $ Amount.
- Carry over MOU.
Wage Negotiations for 2016 Wages and Request
TVA and the Annual Trades & Labor Council Wage Negotiations are currently under way. December 9th, 10th, & 11th.
Today they will be comparing and matching data, appointing committee members for break-out meetings on the request listed below.
Annual T&L Council Request
- B-V B. Holidays Add one (1) additional Holiday—Good Friday or Employees Birthday.
- Shift Differential 3-11 shift $.90 per hour 11-7 shift $1.13 per hour
- Request Rate of Pay for the Following Classification :
Schedule B —
- Instrument Mechanic $81,845
- Lineman $81,845
- Electrician $81,845
- Maintenance Mechanic $81,845
- Heavy Equipment Operator $81,845
- Laborer $50,028
Schedule D —
- Fossil Unit Operator $90,030
- Fossil Assistant Unit Operator $81,845
- Nuclear Operator $113,025
- Nuclear Assistant Unit Operator $90,2054
- Training Bonus for Power Systems Operations (TPS)
- MOU Regarding 5% Re-certification Bonus for Annual Clearance Refresher Training.
- MOU Requesting an additional $200.00 for TPS Line and Sub-Station Maintenance to purchase boots.
- MOU Hazardous Duty Premium of $1,500 per year folded into hourly rate for those trained for deployment job site towers and/or lines via helicopter, ropes or parachute.
- Retention Bonus for Licensed Nuclear Unit Operators in the form of $60,000 lump-sum in three installments. In order to receive Bonus employee must meet eligibility criteria(not listed here).
- Bonus for Assignment Outside Job Description Employee will receive a bonus of $1000 per month for performing duties as described (not listed here).
- Custodian Rates of Pay the current MOU’s dated September 23, 2011 and September 10, 2012 concerning the Custodian Classification rates of pay be continued for calendar year 2016.
Notice! 2015 Dues Increase
To all members of IBEW Local # 365
The following increase in dues will be in effect as of January 1, 2015:
Local 365’s portion of dues is increasing by 50 cents per month for all members and International’s portion of dues is increasing by $1.00 per month for “A” members.
‘A’ member’s dues will increase from $48.40 per month to $49.90 per month.
‘BA’ member’s dues will increase from $33.40 per month to $33.90 per month.
J. R. Cox, Financial Secretary
79th Annual Wage Conference December 10th – 11th – 12th, 2014
We have our final offer. The Council has accepted TVA’s offer.
Classification and Offers: Final Offer
- Electrician – $74,405.00
- Instrument Mechanic -$74,405.00
- Maintenance Mechanic -$74,405.00
- Heavy Equipment Operator -$74,405.00
- Fossil Unit Operator – See Electrician
- Fossil Assistant Unit Operator – See Electrician
- Nuclear Unit Operator -$102,750.00
- Nuclear Assistant Unit Operator -$82,005.00
- Laborer -$45,480.00
The T&L Council Request are as follows:
- B-V B. – Holidays – Add one additional Holiday – Good Friday or Employees Birthday- No
- Shift Differential – No change
- Request Rate of Pay for Schedule B & D Classifications – See Above Offers
- Training Bonus for Power Systems Operation (PSO) MOU – for 5% Re-certification Bonus for Annual Clearance Refresher Training- In Committee to continue March 29 timeframe.
- Nuclear Assistant Unit Operator Up-Grade Bonus – In Committee
- To increase the Nuclear Reactor Operator Trainee (NUOT) pay to 20% above the Nuclear Assistant Unit Operator pay.
- Each Nuclear Unit Operator Trainee will recieve one-time lump-sum payments for a score of 85% or above on the TVA Audit exam for obtaining a NRC RO License.
- A score of 85% or above Audit Exam – $10,000
- Obtaining a NRC RO License – $10,000
- Retention Bonus for Licensed Nuclear Unit Operators – To remain 36 months after signing for $70,000 in 3 installments. – In Committee
- Bonus for Assignments Outside Job Description – Employees will recieve a bonus of $1000 per month. Committee to continue Feb. / March timeframe.
Custodian Rates of Pay – Continue the current MOU’s dated Sept. 23, 2011 and Sept. 10, 2012 for Calender Year 2015. TVA has agreed.
We would like to thank Keith & Jim and all the wage teams for their hard work. Thanks to all the locals for their support. A big “Thank You” to Heather and the TVA Team on the wages.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year !
General Election of IBEW Local Union 365 Officers.
The IBEW Local Union 365 team listed below has been elected by Acclamation.
- Office of President/ Business Manager – Steven Cox
- Office of Vice President – Jeffery Daniel
- Office of Financial Secretary– James R. Cox
- Office of Treasurer – Roger Mustard II
- Office of Recording Secretary – Jerrod Smith
- E-Board Members:
- Paul Profitt
- Travis Grizzle
- Danny Melton
- David Darnell
- Jerod Brantley
- Tommy Henson
- Sean Cash
- Convention Delegate and Alternate :
- Ronnie Fletcher
- Jeffery Daniel
IBEW Local Union 365
Nominations for the offices of:
- President/Business Manager
- Vice President,
- Financial Secretary
- Recording Secretary
- Seven (7) Executive Board members
- Delegate to the International Convention
Will be accepted from the floor at the May 2014 IBEW LU 365 membership meeting at the date, time, and place indicated below.
The term of office will run for three years beginning July 1, 2014.
May 2014 IBEW LU 365 membership meeting
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: IBEW Local Union 760 Union Hall
1530 Bill Williams Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37917
Nominations may also be made in writing and must be received by Recording Secretary Jerrod Smith at the May 2014 IBEW LU 365 membership meeting no later than 7:00 p.m. on May 6, 2014.
As provided in the Local 365 Bylaws, no member shall be eligible for office unless he/she has been a member of Local Union 365 in continuous good standing for at least two (2) years immediately prior to nomination.
Candidates must accept nomination at the nomination meeting or, if not in attendance, submit a written acceptance to Recording Secretary Jerrod Smith by 7:00 p.m. on May 6, 2014.
The election will be conducted on Tuesday, June 3, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at IBEW Local Union 760 Union Hall.
Additional information regarding the election will be provided in a separate notice which will be posted here at a later date.