General Election of IBEW Local Union 365 Officers.
The IBEW Local Union 365 team listed below has been elected by Acclamation.
- Office of President/ Business Manager – Steven Cox
- Office of Vice President – Jeffery Daniel
- Office of Financial Secretary– James R. Cox
- Office of Treasurer – Roger Mustard II
- Office of Recording Secretary – Jerrod Smith
- E-Board Members:
- Paul Profitt
- Travis Grizzle
- Danny Melton
- David Darnell
- Jerod Brantley
- Tommy Henson
- Sean Cash
- Convention Delegate and Alternate :
- Ronnie Fletcher
- Jeffery Daniel
IBEW Local Union 365
Nominations for the offices of:
- President/Business Manager
- Vice President,
- Financial Secretary
- Recording Secretary
- Seven (7) Executive Board members
- Delegate to the International Convention
Will be accepted from the floor at the May 2014 IBEW LU 365 membership meeting at the date, time, and place indicated below.
The term of office will run for three years beginning July 1, 2014.
May 2014 IBEW LU 365 membership meeting
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: IBEW Local Union 760 Union Hall
1530 Bill Williams Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37917
Nominations may also be made in writing and must be received by Recording Secretary Jerrod Smith at the May 2014 IBEW LU 365 membership meeting no later than 7:00 p.m. on May 6, 2014.
As provided in the Local 365 Bylaws, no member shall be eligible for office unless he/she has been a member of Local Union 365 in continuous good standing for at least two (2) years immediately prior to nomination.
Candidates must accept nomination at the nomination meeting or, if not in attendance, submit a written acceptance to Recording Secretary Jerrod Smith by 7:00 p.m. on May 6, 2014.
The election will be conducted on Tuesday, June 3, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at IBEW Local Union 760 Union Hall.
Additional information regarding the election will be provided in a separate notice which will be posted here at a later date.
A Great Big Thanks to Everyone for the 78th Annual Wage Conference !
Thanks Keith Craig & Jim Springfield for all the hard work!
Thanks Brian, Heather and the TVA Team !
Merry Christmas to each and everyone and your families !
Classification and Offers: 6th and Final Offer
Instrument Mechanic -$72,335.00
Maintenance Mechanic -$72,335.00
Heavy Equipment Operator-$72,335.00
Fossil Unit Operator -$79,568.00
Fossil Assistant Unit Operator-$72,335.00
Nuclear Unit Operator-$99,525.00
Nuclear Assistant Unit Operator-$80,305.00
The Committee Reports are listed below:
The T&L Council Request are as follows:
- B-V B. – Holidays – Add one additional Holiday—Good Friday or Employees Birthday- TVA NO offer Final
- Shift Differential 3-11 shift $0.82 per hour 11-7 shift remains the same – TVA Final Offer
- Request Rate of Pay for Schedule B & D Classifications- See Offers below.
- Training Bonus for Power Systems Operation (PSO) MOU for 5% Re-certification Bonus for Annual Clearance Refresher Training- To be continued in talks in February.
- Request Increase the Nuclear Reactor Operator License Bonus from $5000.00 to $10,000.00 for Student Instructor-Nuclear R.L. – Agreed on a $7500.00 bonus.
- Retention Bonus for Licensed Nuclear Unit Operators and Nuclear Assistant Operators – Current Bonus be extended 2 years in order to cover pipeline employees enrolled in the program. – Withdrawn for Nuclear AUO’s To be continued in talks in January for the Nuclear UO’s.
- Laborer’s Foreman classification pay rate be increased to 18% above Laborer Classification – Tabled continued in Committee.
- Transmission Travel Rate goes to $87.58
TVA Bargaing Proposal Number 1- To be continued in talks in Chattanooga Tuesday Dec. 17th 2013
Supplemmentary Schedule B-III:B-2.b
Proposed revisions to existing language:
B-III. Filling Vacant Annual Positions
B. Filling Positions Represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and Machinists
2. Filling Positions Through Announcement of Vacancies
b. Posting Announcements and Closing Date
The announcement is posted on TVA bulletin boards where qualified employees in the competitive area are located and a copy sent to the international representative of the appropriate union.
The closing date for receipt of applications is not less than 10 (currently 20) calendar days after the date of the issue of the announcement. TVA will notify the Council when a vacancy announcement is withdrawn. Exception: No withdrawal notice is required when an announcement expires after being posted for 120 days.
If the position is not filled and there is no outstanding offer within 120 days of the closing date for applications, the vacancy will be announced again before a selection is made. An employee who has accepted promotion to a position and cannot be released from the present position will be promoted at the end of two pay periods following his/her acceptance. TVA will endeavor to effect transfers in an expeditious manner.
TVA also informed us that cost reduction efforts are looking at the following:
Will be discussed in January.
- 12 hour shifts
- Multiskill pay
- 9 vs 5 group rotation
- Flexible workforce between KIF & BRF